Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm not a pack rat, I'm not!

Payton really likes to carry things around. He always has a backpack or bag full of toys, books, puzzles, ...stuff. Always. Everywhere we go. We have been giving him a hard time about it lately, saying "Payton, you're a pack rat" and he seems to be getting a complex about it. The other night he came up to me and said, "I'm not a pack rat" and then paused like he was wanting some reassurance that he wasn't. I didn't say anything, waiting to see what he would do, then after a few moments of silence repeated several times, "I'm not a pack rat". I couldn't wait any longer and had to snap this picture of him (as you can see, he had his Diego backpack, his bear, his light saver, an Elmo back with some toys, his Speed Racer blanket, and who knows what else) after which I said, "no Payton, you're not a pack rat". Decide for yourselves whether or not Payton is a "pack rat".


3 comments:

Maya said...

Hey, a lovely family you got there. I liked your blog, and gonna take some time tomorrow to read some more :)

Rochelleht said...

SO funny! He's a doll. I'm sure he thinks you are calling him a rat. I wonder if he even knows what a pack rat is? I know Grace would be TICKED if I called her that. But, alas, I'm not even allowed to laugh in her presence anymore. I might just be making fun of her, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

aurora said...

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem... :) Apparently, he has no problem!