Sunday, November 23, 2008

Recap of the past month...

I decided it was time to start blogging again now that life has started to slow down a bit, but does it really ever? It has been a crazy few weeks. At the first of the month we moved my sister into another house. I know that it has been quite the adjustment for her going through her divorce and having to pick up her whole house and move. I still don’t know why we have some of the challenges in life that we do. All you can do is get through it the best you can and hope that you learned what you were supposed to learn while going through the process. I am really proud of her and the strong person and mom that she is. She is not only a great sister but a very close and dear friend to me. After moving her into her new home, we decided to do a Garage Sale the following weekend to try and get rid of some extra things that we both did not need to clutter our lives anymore. It was very successful and we had a great turn out. I am actually a people watcher and enjoy that part of it. Once I can get past the initial part of getting it ready and setting it up, that’s when I enjoy it. Let me just say, you always run into some really interesting people. I am really happy to have it over and to have my garage in order once again.

As far as the family goes; Savannah is doing great in school. I am so pleased with the great year that she is having. Savannah will come home from school and quickly want to get her reading and homework done first. She takes after her mom in the sense that if we know we have to get something done, we want to do it right away to get it out of the way. She is very sweet, very polite, and it turning into such a great girl. I am so proud of her in so many ways. And for Payton, well he is continuing to do well. He is really enjoying preschool and looks so forward to seeing each of the kids. He spends his morning saying can I go see Nicky, and Jeffrey and Ella. His favorite day is Wednesday when he gets to bring something for show and tell. Payton has got quite the cute personality when playing with his cars and will talk between the two of them, I love it. Payton still has Halloween on his mind, since on a daily basis he asks us all what we are going to be for Halloween. Payton is very excited for Christmas and asks on a daily basis as well “Is it Christmas time yet, Mom?” I think that he is a little thrown off since all the stores start to decorate and start to put out Christmas toys so early. Payton’s 9 month after treatment CT/MRI Scan is coming up on December the 11th. Payton occasionally complains that his stomach hurts and when I ask him to point where it hurts, he points to his chest. Hopefully it’s just some scar tissue from his port removal and nothing further. I try to put this all in the back of my head, but when scans start approaching I have to admit I start to feel my heart thumping hard and start to feel really anxious. I am so grateful that Payton is doing as well as he is and I thoroughly love watching the little boy that he is growing up to be. All of this has definitely made me slow down in my life and enjoy the little small moments. We are all really excited for Thanksgiving and are planning on staying at the house and having my sister come over with her kids. I feel especially grateful this year to be at home with Payton since last year we were at Cook’s. I am so thankful for all my family, friends, and loved ones. I hope that you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving wherever you spend it. Thank you for being a part of our lives.

2 comments:

aurora said...

I am glad that your sister has you. You have such a wonderful, calming spirit and are so supportive.

Savannah sounds like such a delight.

And I will be glad when you get another 'all-clear' report from the doctor in a couple of weeks. ;-)

Love ya'!

smithfamilyfun said...

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you guys often and are glad that things are going good for you. We love and miss you guys tremendously. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!